Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

what are people using to access Act on their PDAs?

what are people using to access Act on their PDAs?

what are people using to access Act on their PDAs? I've heard of www.handheldcontact.com and www.companionlink.com and I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything else that works well?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: what are people using to access Act on their PDAs?

They are the two real choices... the difference depends on what phone OS you have, how much ACT! data you want, and what functionality you want
Copper Super Contributor

We also have a simpler variation in our customer base...if you have your Blackberry syncing with Outlook already then just use the ACT scheduler to move ACT schedules to Outlook.  From there they will automatically sync with Blackberries.  If you include Contact names and phone numbers in the subject line of your ACT appointments it gets the job done for free.  If you want to synchronize your ACT contacts to your PDA then you must use one of the well-established 3rd party solutions and the best of those are Handheld Contact and CompanionLink.    ACT does not synchronize contacts to Outlook.
John Tytus
Prescience, LLC
Cincinnati, OH
www.iprescience.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

That's ok for one directional syncing... if you sync in both directions, you'll be likely to eventually lose data or end up with duplicates.

Copper Super Contributor

I find HandheldContact to be idiotproof. Suits me!