Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

web portal

Copper Contributor

web portal

Hi ,

I would like to know if anyone knows of an add-on for act where i can set up a web portal for my clients to sign in securely,, check out their status,,, and anything else i may want them to have access to on from the info on my act database,,,   

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: web portal

I'm not aware of any add-ons that will perform this function.

Act! licensing may make this a tough scenario to perform, in that each person that signs into the database must have a license.  For example, if you have 100 customers that you want to sign into the database to check their status - you will need 100 licenses for them (one apiece).  On the other hand, if you created a single username that would be used by all customers - that username would need access to every record in the database, which I don't believe would be desireable.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

aritos wrote:

Hi ,

I would like to know if anyone knows of an add-on for act where i can set up a web portal for my clients to sign in securely,, check out their status,,, and anything else i may want them to have access to on from the info on my act database,,,   

We have done this with the SDK

- you'd have to have your own add-on written. 

Even way back in ACT version 4.0 there was an add-on for this so your request isn't new at all.

-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net
Copper Contributor

NOT FAMILIAR WITH "sdk" CAN YOU THROW ME LINE