Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

wasted money

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: wasted money

wpoveromo wrote:
Preferences - Tools - - General Duplicate Checking Record Type - Contact Match On - Company then Last then Frist Enable Duplicate checking is checked on Under the Import Wizard Importing .csv file (remember, this is the same file I already imported to create the database so the contacts are already in there) Contact Merge Options Contact Records Action set to "Replace with newest contact" (I've also tried to set this to "merge" too. Weird thing, all the other fields are grayed out i.e. Notes, History, Activities actions...

I would set it to "Do not change"... unless you're assuming the records that match are more up-to-date in the import file

The other fields would be gray as you're not importing to those sections.
Highlighted

Thanks but I've tried every way. The problem here is that ACT! changed the fields to system fields, which means it won't compare them when importing. I reported the issue to ACT!.
Platinum Elite Contributor

wpoveromo wrote:
Thanks but I've tried every way. The problem here is that ACT! changed the fields to system fields, which means it won't compare them when importing. I reported the issue to ACT!.

Which fields are you trying to use?