Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

view: separating contacts, calendar,contact list

view: separating contacts, calendar,contact list

i'm using the new pro version.  can't seem to find a way to change the screen view so i can see and manipulate the calendar, contact, contact list into three windows i can size and move around the screen simultaneously.  act's behavior on my desktop is totally different than when i installed it on a new laptop yesterday.

any suggestions?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: view: separating contacts, calendar,contact list

Try Tools | Preferences | Startup tab...Open each view in its own window.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

THANKS, RITA.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

here's the prob, if i can describe it..; i followed your instructions; have three windows open:  contacts; contact list; calendar

the calendar has an overlay, for lack of a better term: one  hourly calendar is overlaid over another hourly calendar; top calendar is a 'box' that shows name(s) of contact to be called; bottom shows a line by line view;

when i attempt to increase the size (horizontally) of the top hourly calendar to view the details of the contact, the top calendar moves to the right without increasing in size; it only exposes more of the bottom calendar.  in the past, i've been able to manipulate the size of the top calendar independently of the bottom to increase the size of the top.

make sense?

any ideas?

if you have a charge for your services let me know; don't want to take advantage of your generosity.  and could call if that would make sense.

thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Hrscrk,

If you still have a question about the calendar view (I couldn't get my screen to display as you described), please attach a screenshot to help show what is happening.

Greg Martin
Sage