Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ver 18.0.501.0, Update 6 locks up if I click on add/Remove Groups when in the contact window

Avid Listener

ver 18.0.501.0, Update 6 locks up if I click on add/Remove Groups when in the contact window

Newest version (ver 18.0.501.0) and now it locks up if I click on add/Remove Groups when in the contact window  Running Win10

Also it gives an error when I startup Act!    "Act! has encountered an error.  Please shutdown the application"  Not a fatal error as I can ignore it and it loads buy annoying all the same

Earlier ver of 18 did not do any of this.

Re: ver 18.0.501.0, Update 6 locks up if I click on add/Remove Groups when in the contact window

Hi there, I've looked to see if this is a known issue at all and I don't believe it has been reported as such yet. It may be the case that something local to your PC is causing the problem. I would suggest taking a look at the following article to reset your local preferences:

14770 How To Rebuild the Act! Preferences File

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770/

Please make sure to read the article carefully and follow all instructions mentioned to make sure you keep any preferences that you might need.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ver 18.0.501.0, Update 6 locks up if I click on add/Remove Groups when in the contact window

Tested on 2 installations of V18 with hotfix 6 and both worked OK.

If Steven's suggestion does not resolve please make sure ACT is not running and the apply Hotfix 6 again. (It seems hotfix 6 in some cases does not detect if ACT is running so it looks like it has applied but not all reg keys and files have updated.)