Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

using bcc function and/or creating a mass e-mail using a specific group instead of using mail merge

using bcc function and/or creating a mass e-mail using a specific group instead of using mail merge

I recently converted from an earlier version of act. In that version if I wanted to send a mass e-mail I could open up an e-mail and then simply attache an entire group to the bcc and send the e-mail en masse. This allowed me to send one e-mail rather than many e-mails and to just send it as a bcc to undisclosed recepients.
In the current version of Act I have not been able to find out how to do this except manually. I cannot figure out how to bring up a group and send to that group.
If you can help me figure this out it would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Jeryll
Avid Listener

Re: using bcc function and/or creating a mass e-mail using a specific group ...

[ Edited ]
This might not be the most elegant way, but what I do is:

(1) Do a Lookup for the people I want to send to.

(2) In the Contact List view for the Lookup, I select all (via CTRL-A), then click on the e-mail icon on the toolbar or select 'E-mail Message' from the Write drop-down menu. This opens a blank Outlook e-mail message with all of the Lookup contacts in the To: box.

(3) I do another 'select all' in the To: box in the message, and drag the recipients to the bcc: box; then put my name in the To: box. Voila!

It takes a lot longer to write about than to do!

Or, much simpler: on the Group page, with any contact selected, click the E-mail icon on the toolbar and then go straight to step (3) above.

Message Edited by Torrey on 04-04-2008 01:06 PM

Re: using bcc function and/or creating a mass e-mail using a specific group ...

thank you. it worked really well. J
Bronze Contributor

I like the logic, but I get a memory error.  I have Outlook as the eMail program.  I selected the group, then clicked on the eMail ICON on the too bar.  I get a memory read error.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit