Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

upgrading from ACT 2007 Premium to ACT 2010 Premium

upgrading from ACT 2007 Premium to ACT 2010 Premium

Since I am moving to windows 7 and I found the ACT 2010 premium is available, so I decide to upgrade to ACT 2010.

we are currently using shared database in a network of 10 users. every user will open the pad file on the public folder to get access. The Pad file tells me the host computer and the file location. 

I have installed the new version for each user, but I did not install the new version on the host computer. When I try to use the new version to open database on the public folder, it tells me "can not find database supplemental files folder xxxxxx in this location computer name. This could be problem with the share, or the folder may not exist. Please contact the admin of your database."

I am not familiar with ACT structure. this is the first time I do upgrade for ACT. I figure that I need to install the new version on the host computer. but I am not sure. I need your expertise to confirm that.

Also, converting database can only be performed locally on the host computer?

Thanks appreciated your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: upgrading from ACT 2007 Premium to ACT 2010 Premium

All systems (inc server) need to be using the same version of the database. You should usually upgrade the server FIRST, then open the database to convert it and finally upgrade the workstations

we have act 2007 for web on the server but can not find act 2010 for web software. If I upgrade to act 2010 premium, and do not upgrade act for web, then remote people will not be able to access through web. am I right?

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you get ACT! 2010 Premium for Web as the upgrade?
You might want to contact the reseller you upgraded with

I found the link to act premium web 2010 now.

Can it be installed on the same server where the act premium 2010 installed?

thanks

No worry about my last question. In the download link emial, it says that if I want  web and window, I just need to install act for web on the server.

thanks for your help