Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

upgraded to Windows 8.1 now I cant access my database

upgraded to Windows 8.1 now I cant access my database

Hi I have Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 1   I just upgraded to window 8.1 and now I cannot access my database. Im on local THe message reads

In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server

I have looked at allowed apps for firewall and all act! files are allowed.  I even temporarily diabled all of the firewalls just to check and that didt work.  I contacted Act! and they sent me a huge list of things to try and Some of them are well beyond my capability. I dont understand why I need internet connection if database resides on my computer

any ideas??

Re: upgraded to Windows 8.1 now I cant access my database

I had the same problem.  I reinstalled Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and now the databases open.  Hope this helps.  I know how frustrating it is to get help from ACT!.

I am looking at this thread needing help.

Im having the same problem as the original poster.

How do I re-install the SQL Server?

HELP!

Thanks

David

[ Edited ]

Me too. I have made new databases as they weren't too large but cannot get my template docs back. HEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP{!

I have tried opening the old ones in Word an saving them to the new path but ACT! just reverts back to the old path,

same problem - how do you re-install the SQL manager - anyone ?  or should i just reinstall the whole lot ?