Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

upgrade to ver 12 lost all users

Copper Contributor

upgrade to ver 12 lost all users

I am upgrading from act 5.5 to act 2010. I had to do an export to a new act database in 5 because it was getting an error message during the converion in the new clean 5.5 database that has 28 users and 30k contacts everything looks ok. When i converted to 2010 it only converted 1 user and set all the notes under this user. we also lost about 200 contact's and random notes. Any idea why it didn't convert the users. I believe I did do the conversion from a non administrator account I guess that would be why. The new 2010 version is a 6 user license do I need to delete all the old users out of the version 5 database before converting?

Silver Contributor

Re: upgrade to ver 12 lost all users

When you do the initial export to the other ACT 5.0 database, did you create your users in the empty ACT 5.0 database and export their my records? Open the ACT 5 export database and see if your user records are there?

TO do this, you will need to reference this KB Arcicle :How to Import/Export Contacts between Two Databases while Retaining the Record Manager"  

(Located here)

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Yes the new act5 database has the users in it, notes contacts looks like everything is there

Copper Contributor

That was the problem I was using a non admin for conversion now I have to solve "NOTE_CREATEUSERID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "act2004", table "dbo.TBL_ACCESSOR", column 'ACCESSORID'. Which I know i have notes in under unknown user.