Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

upgrade ACT!6.0 to ACT!11 for Real Estate

upgrade ACT!6.0 to ACT!11 for Real Estate

Hello,

We have been using ACT!6.0 for several years and are now going into the real estate business.  Friends at our new company have suggested a couple of hosted CRM packages designed specifically for real estate agents, such as Top Producer and Wise Agent.  These packages run from $20 to $40 monthly.

Part of the allure of these products is the rich content that is developed each month for newsletters.

We would like to know first if ACT!6.0 can be upgraded to ACT!11 for Real Estate.  We did confirm we have a 32-bit operating system.

Secondly, we'd like to know how much this would cost.

Lastly, we'd like to know from anyone who uses ACT for Real Estate, is there an easy way to import newsletter content for regular distribution to prospects?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Jim O'Dowd in Franklin, TN

Re: upgrade ACT!6.0 to ACT!11 for Real Estate

[ Edited ]

Hello Jim,

We would like to know first if ACT!6.0 can be upgraded to ACT!11 for Real Estate

- Yes, you will be able to upgrade you 6.0 database to 11.0.  We have knowledgebase articles that will walk you through the process.  Also upon registering ACT!, you will receive free 30 day warranty support and we can help you with the upgrade.

Secondly, we'd like to know how much this would cost.

- I'm not sure on the pricing.  You can contact our sales department to get more information - (866) 903-0006

Lastly, we'd like to know from anyone who uses ACT for Real Estate, is there an easy way to import newsletter content for regular distribution to prospects?

- ACT! allows you to create customized templates and email blasts to groups of contacts.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 06-16-2009 11:37 AM

David,

You talk of knowledgebase articles detailing the upgrade process from ACT!6.0 to ACT!11.  Are you able to provide a link to those articles as I'm unable to locate them using the search functionality on the website?

Thanks

Steve

Here is the knowledgebase article on how to convert your database.  You can search for "convert 6.x" to find other articles on how to convert layouts, templates, labels, etc...

How to Convert an ACT! 3.x, 4.x, 5.x (2000) or 6.x (2004) Database to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

David,

Perfect!

Now if only I'd found out about Windows XP SP3, SQL Express and MSXML6 incompatability problems previously, wouldn't have taken me four hours to install / upgrade.

Cheers