Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

updating Act 2009 11.0 to 11.1

Tuned Listener

updating Act 2009 11.0 to 11.1

My OS is Vista Ultimate and I cannot update Act 11.0., each time I update automatically, my Act program quits working and will not work until I completely uninstall and re install Act 2009 11.0, and the update is not on my system. Please advise how I can make this work?

The only reason I purchased Act 2009 11.0 was due to a similar problem with Act 2008. This is beyond frustrating.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: updating Act 2009 11.0 to 11.1

Hello Mollie,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I'm sorry to here about the difficulties you are having trying to update ACT! 2009. If you getting a 1603 error trying to update, then you will need to uninstall ACT! and reinstall the full updated version. Please send me your ACT! serial number via Private Message (do not post here) for product verification and I will be happy to send you the download link.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I'm having a similar problem: I bought a new computer, installed ACT (2009, ver 11.0), ran "back up" on the old computer, but when I try to "restore" it says I need to update ACT on my new computer. But when I try, it says I need to be logged on as an "administrator". Which I already am, and confirmed it 3 different ways.

I am stuck in a catch 22.

What do I do?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello lafe,

If you are receiving a warning about not being an administrator in either Vista or Windows 7, this is not ususally a problem with update. This is caused by User Account Control (UAC) within the operating system. There are two methods you can use to bypass this:

- Close ACT!, then reopen it by right-clicking on the program icon and selecting "Run As Administrator" (instead of double-clicking). Then run the update.

- If that does not resolve, then disable UAC, per the instructions in Knowledgebase article 25665. After rebooting, run the update.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bingo. Problem resolved.

Many thanks. 

-lafe