Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

unbelievable support (unbelievably bad)

unbelievable support (unbelievably bad)

Has anyone had success with support?  I have been on hold for over one hour now, and it is nearing there shut down time.  I'm going to bet I will be 'disconnected' mysteriously around 8:30 or before!

Live chat says I will wait 109 minutes!

A product is only as good as its support, and after this experience I believe I will be returning this product for a supposedly 'no questions asked' refund before the 30 days are up!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: unbelievable support (unbelievably bad)

You might try posting the question to a thread here ... you never know how quickly you might get an answer :-)

ACT Support remotely installed ACT Pro 2011 for me and had issues with the Microsoft SQL Server. In the process, they completely destroyed MS Outlook. I can't even get it to open. When it got escalated to the next level, the tech told me there was something wrong with Windows 7 and told me the ONLY fix was to re-format the hard drive, re-install Win 7 and all my other programs. I have an appointment with a Microsoft tech on 1/5/11 to see if they can fix it. I'll keep you posted.

I remember seeing that over 76% of tech support calls were MS issues.

So see if the MS guys can get SQL installed ... or whatever the Sage tech said was wrong

I have been using ACT since 1992 (v2.0 I think) and have been using the fee basd ACT Advantage for the past 5-7 years. Yes, it costs approx $200/yr for the service/support, but as a 1 man company I have found it invaluable especially with their ability via Centrix to get on my laptop and make the necessary corrections/solutions. I highly recommend this service as I can't recall having a 'negative' incident when using the fee based service.

At first, I was a little 'put off' with having to pay for the tech support. But now I look at it as I would for oil changes and other necessary maintenance I have done on my car. At the end of the day, it has saved me time, frustration, and unnecessary anxiety.

Good luck.

Brad Hanford

Copper Super Contributor

I'm with the original poster.

I have had to call for Tech Support 3 times in the last 3 days

Day 1 - 45 minute hold time before getting an answer

Day 2 - 53 minutes

Day 3 - 90 minutes and counting (I'm on hold as I type this!)

Totally unacceptable.

Luis Rodrigues

As a thought... times may be extending at the moment due to staff on holiday leave
Copper Contributor

Same experience. Glad it wasnt JUST me. This is why i dont purchase the support plans anymore. I dont get anyone more knowledgable than me, wait for a long time, and typically resolve my own issues by then. Some issues i have had never have been resolved either.

It is a complete joke that they shut down support at 5pm PST. Sage doesnt seem to really want to be a REAL software cmpany.

A quick question ... for those of you willing to pay for better support, have you thought of speaking to an ACT! Certified Consultant?
Copper Contributor

I have. But then again, paying $500 a year is much different than $500 fr three hours. I did take the plunge once though, and his response was, "geez, you are technical you certainly don't need me. I cant figure that out either". Thanks for telling me that for $300.

Also, alot of the problems experianced are not worth $150 per hour to resolve. At that rate I would just have gone with Oracle and wouldnt need Sage for a small business...

I think for setup and consulting on how to do it, for businesses that dont have the depth of technical experience with CRM or ACT it makes sense. But ongoing issues with the produc or dealing with quirks, should be a support plan.

Just my opinion...