Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

unable to access database using ACT 2008 version 10

unable to access database using ACT 2008 version 10

i have installed the ACT software on a different computer and located my ".adf" which has my database.  when i double click on that file, the only contact that shows is my own.  my other 800+ contacts aren't there.  someone please help me figure out how to access this database.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: unable to access database using ACT 2008 version 10

Hello mrmrtg,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. First, make sure you are opening the correct database. If so, try restoring a recent backup of your database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

hello Greg,

Thank you for the post.  I have tried that and it doesn't work.  I know that I have the right file, but in the restore pop-up, the only type of file is a .zip.  My database isn't a .zip format.

A .zip file is the format for an ACT! database backup file. Try restoring that using the "Restore As" option. This will restore the backup and you will need to use a different name for the database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ok.

can you please give the specific steps in how to do what you're suggesting?

thank you so much!

Go to File > Restore > Database
Choose the "Restore As" option
Browse to the .zip file you mentioned and select it
Type in a name for database (needs to be different than the original name); you will also need to type in the username for your database, and if you have a password, that as well
Restore the database

Instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1921...

Greig Hollister

there is no .zip file......it's an .adf file.......