Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

.txt dump is not working correctly

Copper Contributor

.txt dump is not working correctly

I am trying to add 2200 files to an act database and it says in the wizard it has that many.  When I click finish it only adds about 15-18.  I also tried creating a fresh new database with the 2200 or so contacts and the same thing happened it added 16.  I'm wondering if there could be something in the excel file I am converting to .txt that is causing this problem, I have never had this happen before.

Copper Contributor

Re: .txt dump is not working correctly

Per Vinnie, David Vaudreuil is retired. New contact is Greg Brictrom Ext. 106.  Jimmy Owens, CNC Mgr. [jimmyo@ancorp.com]  Craig Bystrom, ? [craigb@ancorp.com] no longer in purchasing.  David Vaudreuil, Owner=at IMTS 2008.  UCC: 04-Feb-08 SALE New MORI-SEIKI NL-2500S.  "B" Act:  Okuma, Mori, HE&M Saw user.

I seems to be stoping when it sees this...  I'm trying to get a lot of information into the last results section, it also seems that maybe this old database was saved with some sort of Act grouping that may be causing a problem.

Copper Contributor

Shoot I deleted that section in excel and it works. I really want to keep all that information as it is valuable but there has to be a character or something act doesn't seem to like. I'd love to do a search and remove if anyone knows what that character might be.
Nickel Super Contributor

Try ASAP utilities -- it has a cleaner utility that gets rid of all sorts of weird characters -- it will save you a lot of time. http://www.asap-utilities.com/download-asap-utilities.php  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)