Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

tracking last results

tracking last results

On my other laptop I had Act 6 and I could see the history of the last results on the contact detail page.  I got a new laptop and put Act 9 on it and reentered all my contact info instead of trying to transfer the files.  With the new Act I have not been able to figur out how to view more than just the one last results rather than all of them with the dates under the last results field.

thanks for your help in advance

Re: tracking last results

Hello fppeters,

I am a little confused by what you're asking:  "With the new Act I have not been able to figur out how to view more than just the one last results rather than all of them with the dates under the last results field."

Could you please provide more information?

Hi, yes in the act 6 I could type in the last result and the one that had been previously in there would jump down below so all the last results would be in a line and I could simply look down the list to see the past correspondances etc. with the contact.  In the act 9 I am unable to do that and if it is not available then I would like to know how else I can view the past happenings with a contact on the contacts page.

thanks so much for your help.

Pamela

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you describe was not a standard function of ACT! 6. You must have had some kind of add-on that provided the feature that you describe.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I really don't think so.  Is there a way to have that as an add on feature.  It is very handy and we really were used to having that whenever we made a call to a contact we could readily see on their page exactly what had transpired in the past with them.
Copper Super Contributor

Hello Pam,

I think I understand:

When you edited a value in ACT! 6.0 in the Last Results field the change would appear below in the History Tab.

The next time you edited that contact's Last Result field and saved it, the prior History item would drop down a bit and make room for the new change. 

Right?

In 6.0 Last Results was a History Generating field by default.

1) In your currnent version; Make sure that your History filters are set to show:

Dates: All, Types: All, Select Users, All Users. Click View, Refresh.

2) Make sure that the field is set to "Generate History - Track changes made to this field's value in history"

If you are an Administrator; Click:

Tools, Define Fields, View fields for: Contacts, Field Name: Last Results, Edit Field, Make sure Generate History is checked.

Dave Worral
ACC@Customer-IT.com
ACT! Consultant & Premier Trainer

I will give that a try and thank you so much for your assistance and patience.

Pamela