Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

track credit limits

track credit limits

I am using ACT premium.  I want a field to track credit limits for each customer.

Please tell me how to do this.

Thanks.

Tom

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: track credit limits

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to your question, what exactly are you wanting to see in this field? If you are looking for a field that can automatically calculate the customer's remaining credit, you would need an add-on product that does field calculations.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for your quick response!

I don't need any calculaitons. I just want to see their credit limit.

Thanks,

tom

Thanks Greig!

The reason I want to do a field instead of a note is because I want to be able to create groups based on greater than and less than credit values.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Ok, in that case you can just create a new character or currency field in the database, add it to your contact layout, and record the information in there. You can then use this field to create dynamic group membership criteria. See the following Knowledgebase articles for reference:

KB Article 15335 - To create a new field

KB Article 15332 - To add field to your layout 

KB Article 12864 - To create group membership criteria

Hope this helps!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

That is exactly what I need.  Thanks!