Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

thunderbird / open office support?

thunderbird / open office support?

hello all. just purchased Act 2008 and am setting up my data and preferences. I notice ACT supports Eudora & Outlook, but appears to ignore all the "free" OpenOffice products. I am presently using Thunderbird and Firefox. After having been a die hard MS Office fan for many years, I finally said "enough" to MS's $$ grab. Quicken/Quickbooks is next.....sorry, I digress. I find the email client inside ACT extremely limiting, ie: no filters, etc. So, I would very much like to use Thunderbird. OK, ACT support. Any plans to support this very popular product? Steve
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: thunderbird / open office support?

I guess it needs enough users to want it.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Does ACT work with Thunderbird?    Does Act work on a Macintosh?     After using Thunderbird for many years, I wanted a good contact management program.     I purchased ACT and ended up switching my email program to ACT.   I also spent hundreds of dollars on getting everything set up.

I HATE OUTLOOK.   As compared to Thunderbird, it's very very slow, cumbersome, and I am ready to chuck the entire system and write off the time and money.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello JNiles,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community. Unfortuntely, there is is no ACT! integration for either Thunderbird or OpenOffice. As for Mac, you would need a Windows Parallel or Virtual Machine to install and run ACT! on...it will not directly install to a MAC O/S.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I think we are seeing the begining of a downward spiral for ACT.  I have bought every update since 2002.  When I bought 2011 I was promissed that it would work with my new godaddy e-mail. (A LIE).  I was also told I would get 30 days free tech support (A waste of time). 

Now we see that ACT is in bed with Microsoft and is not open to any other software. 

There are pleanty of other data base programs out there.  Go daddy claims that their software blows ACT out of the water but have not tried it.

Get it together ACT, I have been with you 10 years but need to do whats best for my company.

Hi it is now 2011.

Does Sage Act support Thunderbird for email? I am desperate. thanks