Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

tentative (vs accepted) activities in outlook don't show in ACT calendar

Copper Contributor

tentative (vs accepted) activities in outlook don't show in ACT calendar

When I receive an invitation via outlook, and then accept it, I get a popup from ACT where I accept it again.  It then appears in my outlook calendar.

If my response to the outlook invitation though is "Tentative", then the ACT popup never shows and thus the activity does not show up in my ACT calendar.

According to the online help, I should check off "show tentative activities" on the Calendar preferences tab.  There is no such option though on the calendar preferences tab.

I am running ACT Pro 2010 Version 13.1.111.0

Any ideas on how to get a 'tentatively accepted' activity to show up in ACT?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: tentative (vs accepted) activities in outlook don't show in ACT calendar

Hello Ken,

The Pro version does not include any group scheduling or calendar management functions (including availability, resources, and tentative scheduling). These features are only available in the Premium version. If you would like to submit a request to our product managers to have these functions added to the Pro versions, please post it in the Ideas board in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Just to make sure I understand, when I am in outlook and I accept an inviration it automatically transfers to ACT, but if I "tentatively" accept the invite while I am in outlook - that will not transfer over to ACT. In the premium version, a tentative acceptance in outlook will get transferred to ACT?
===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Platinum Elite Contributor

That is correct. The "tentative" option in calendar preferences is not available in Pro, only Premium. Premium has more group and administrative functions than does Pro.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.