Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

task list questions for 10.0

task list questions for 10.0

In Act 10.0 when you have the task list organized by date, the high priority items are not listed at the top.   Is there a way to organize it this way?

Is there a way to tell act to change all task list items that are on 2/25 to change all of them over to 2/26 rather than going in and manually changing the date on every task?

thanks,
kinger

Re: task list questions for 10.0

[ Edited ]
Act 10.0 seems less user friendly than Act 6.0.  I called technical support with my questions and I hit a dead end.  Here are my issues with 10.0:

1) When you organize your task list, you cannot have a 2nd sort item.  I want to organize by date, then by priority.  I want it to look like this:

2/26/08 high  call xyz
2/26/08 high   meet with bill
2/26/08 medium
2/26/08 medium
2/26/08 low

It looks like this now and I cannot change it so all the highs are at the top
2/26/08 low
2/26/08 high
2/26/08 low
2/26/08 medium
2/26/08 high
etc

When you have 50 tasks for a day the high priorities are mixed throughout the list.  In Act 6.0, the high priorities would all be at the top. 

2) You cannot change all activities from one date to another.  I really would like to tell act, these 30 activities on 2/25 are now all on 2/26.  Unfortunately I cannot do that.

3) If you want to change all of your 2/25 dates, you have to open each activity and change the date.  In Act 6.0, it was very quick to do this because you did not open the whole activity.  A little calender would popup and the date could be changed quickly. A quicker way to change the dates would be handy.

4) When I do change the date, in act 6.0, it would reorganize the task list immediately.  So if I put a 2/25 activity on 2/30, the activity would disappear down below with the other 2/30 dates.  In Act 10.0 the the activity stays out of date order on the task list unless you hit the sort by date button.  Why doesn't it reorganize like 6.0?  The extra clicks add up.

5) On the task list I will click on a person and the contact detail will pull up.  When I go back to the contact list I need to "lookup all contacts" to see my whole list again.  Why do I even have to do this?  Is it possible to have the whole list appear on the contact list without having to click lookup all contacts? For some reason when I click on the name in the task list it drills down the database to this one contact then I need to open it backup to my 1000 contacts.  I don't understand why the database needs to be drilled down.

6) I sort my contact list by company.  When I am forced to click this lookup all contacts, it will switch how it is sorted to contact name.  I then have to click the company button to sort again via company.  This adds clicks again.

Are any of these issues fixable? Or will they be fixed in a soon to be released update?

Message Edited by kinger on 02-26-2008 10:47 AM

Good question on the task list dates rolling over.  I have the same question.  I'm sure there is a way to set it up.  On my old Act. 6.0
every morning a box pops up asking me do I want to roll over all the old task list items to the current date.  I'm sure on the newer
versions there must be a way to set this up too. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

kinger wrote:
In Act 10.0 when you have the task list organized by date, the high priority items are not listed at the top.   Is there a way to organize it this way?

No, the task List can only be sorted by one field. There are a couple o Task List enhancement add-ons that may do this.

You could also request this to be added in a future version by posting here - http://www.act.com/community/feature/index.cfm

kinger wrote:
Is there a way to tell act to change all task list items that are on 2/25 to change all of them over to 2/26 rather than going in and manually changing the date on every task?

No, there is no option to do there either... except in the case of rolling over activities that were not cleared to the current day

Tools | Preferences | Calendar & Scheduling - Scheduling Preferences

You can set them individually for each activity type

Bronze Super Contributor

1) We have an addon for ACT called Task List Plus that sorts up to 4 levels. You can download a free trial at http://www.durkincomputing.com/TaskListPlus.aspx

2) Task List Plus also has a move multiple activities function. Just select the 30 or so activities from the list click on the [Reschedule] button then select the date. Three clicks is all it takes.

3) Same as 2

4) The task list is refreshed after this function so the activities will appear in the new positions.

5) TLP works like this: After clicking on the contact the contact details view is activated. If the contact is in your current lookup then the current lookup is kept. If the contact is not in the lookup then it defaults to "All Contacts"

6) Not effected by Task List Plus for ACT!

thanks
-- jim durkin
Tuned Listener

This is something we have to pay for?  You used to be able to drag and drop multiple activities to a new date on the calendar with one click.

Thanks,

Jeff