Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

system unauthorized access. Exception access to the path xyz is denied

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

system unauthorized access. Exception access to the path xyz is denied

Every time I try to enter data into a lookup field it gives me an error message and does not look up the requested data?

System Unauthorized Access Exception Access to the path xyz is denied.  the xyz stands for a long string of information that I can't copy and paste.

Any ideas on what this means and what my problem is?

I am using ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: system unauthorized access. Exception access to the path xyz is denied

The file listed in the error is an 'MRU' (Most Recently Used) list.  It may be that this particular file has become corrupted.  Here is an article with instructions for locating the file - it can be deleted (user signed out of db) and will be rebuilt when they sign on and perform functions: KB Article 14539

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello KStebbs,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

If I understand correctly, the rest of the ACT! program is working as expected - it is just when trying to enter data into a Lookup Field that you get the error.

If your operating system is either Vista or Windows 7, try running ACT! 'as administrator' for additional permissions.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator' > test.

If that does not resolve the issue, try the same function in a different database (ex: ACT! Demo or create a new database).  This will be to determine if the issue is specific to your database or perhaps an issue with the installation.

Is this a shared database?  If yes, are other users also experiencing the same issue?

Also, if you can provide a screen shot attachment of the error message, that will be helpful.

Greg Martin
Sage

gmartin I am having the same issue as KStebbs. I tested another database and it did not have this issue, also I do have another shared user and they aren't having the problem. Here is the error message;

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path l234489fc6da78e9f5ec678d4c9b6da7.0H.H' is denied.

at SystemJO,_Error.WinIQError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at SystemJO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY.ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at SystemJO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System JO.IsolatedStorageJsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, IsolatedStorageFile isf)

atSystemJO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(Stringpath, FileMode mode, IsolatedStorageFile isf)

at Act,Shared»Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox,SelectionHi5toryStorage.GetFileStr eamfkolatedStorageFile IsolatedStorageFile, FileMode fileMode)

at Act,Shared»Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox,SelectionHistoryStorage.Save(Arra yList saveltems)

atAct.ULLookups.LookupByEntityDialog.SavePreferencesO

at ActUIlookups.lookupByEntityDialog,SerializeandClose(DialogResult result)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.ExecuteContactLookup(ContactLookup lookup)

atAct.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.RunContactLookup(Objectval, OperatorEnum op, CriteriaColumn selected Column, TypeOfLookupEnum lookupTypeEnum)

at Act.UI.Lookups.lookupByEntityDialog.RunLookup(Object val, OperatorEnum op, CriteriaColumn selected Column, TypeOfLookupEnum lookupTypeEnum)

at ActUI.Lookup5.LookupByEntityDialog.okButton.Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hello GMiner72,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The error indicates this is a permissions issue.  Have you tried running the ACT! program 'As Administrator' (close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator')?

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes I tried that as well- still no luck...

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The file listed in the error is an 'MRU' (Most Recently Used) list.  It may be that this particular file has become corrupted.  Here is an article with instructions for locating the file - it can be deleted (user signed out of db) and will be rebuilt when they sign on and perform functions: KB Article 14539

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg. That did it!