Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

syncing contacts with new email in outlook

syncing contacts with new email in outlook

Hi. I'm runnning ACT 2011 Pro with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7. I recently added a new email to Outlook, but I cannot figure out how to get ACT to sync with this new email. In Tools/Syncronize with Outlook/Syncronization preferences, there is no place to specify which .pst file to use. Please help. Tks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: syncing contacts with new email in outlook

[ Edited ]

Hello juderev,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. ACT! can only connect to one Outlook profile at a time, which would be the default profile you have selected in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

How do I change the default profile?

Platinum Elite Contributor

- Close ACT!
- In Outlook 2010, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- In Account Settings, go to Data Files tab
- Select the .pst or .ost file, then click Set As Default
- Go to Email tab, select the email account and click Set As Default
- Restart Outlook

Note that this will assign the account that Outlook uses for all incoming and outgoing mail, as well the Outlook calendar.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

All is set up correctly (new default profile), however ACT contacts are still not importing when I sync.  Help!

Only new contacts are syncing with outlook. 

Ok I got it. It was indeed a Contact.Metadata issue. The App Data folder is a hidden folder so I had to unhide it first in the folder options menu of the control panel.

So what is the proper way to delete a contact that you may add again later? Disable syncing and delete in both Outlook and ACT separately?

Thanks,

Jude