Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sync with remote computer in different state not premium ACT!

sync with remote computer in different state not premium ACT!

I understand there is something (type of program maybe) that establishes a VPN for people that do not have ACT! premium and would like to sync two different computers in two different states. Can someone tell me where to find the information in the knowledge base. I understand from tech support that it is a "free" program that you can download.

Gail

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: sync with remote computer in different state not premium ACT!

You can use a VPN to sync between two machines via the Internet.  There are a lot of VPN programs out there....the one we have used in the Knowledgebase is Hamachi, a free VPN service.  Here is a link to the article on acquiring Hamachi and setting it up to enable ACT! synchronization:

How To Setup Hamachi® VPN For Remote Synchronization With ACT! by Sage and ACT! by Sage Premium 2005...

Please note that Sage does not support the setup or configuration of Hamachi, but merely suggests this product as a method for enabling synchnronization with ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.