Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sync with Palm treo pro windows mobile device

sync with Palm treo pro windows mobile device

I have a palm treo pro windows mobile device....been sync with ms outlook by using ms active sync....I would now like to sync with Act 2006 Ver 8 instead or is it possible to sync both act and outlook with my palm...I use xp...would like to know what is the best way to do it....

Thanks for the support....all is much appreciated 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: sync with Palm treo pro windows mobile device

This is the ACT! 6 and earlier area... next time, you might use the ACT! area :-)

To answer your question, there are a number of ways. I usually recommend Handheld Contact  which has 3 editions depending on the functions you want.

The Professional version is the most ACT!-like and will  keep your ACT! contacts seperate from your Outlook ones.

There are also 2 cheaper ones that sync to the same address book as Outlook and lets you choose how to handle the contacts already there

thanks for the reply....and advice...I have a cradle and usb connection...is there a way to sync using that...I do not have to have immediate and wireless update...the main information that  I need is my contacts contact info and possible my calender...thanks  

In that case, you might try www.CompanionLink.com - but you may want to stop syncing Outlook as syncing 2 systems to the standard PIM can sometimes cause problems.

I find it interesting that act will not sync with my treo pro unless I use third party solutions which means spending more money...I have used Act for over 20 years...I was considering upgrading to 2010 ver.....maybe I should just keep using outlook...it works just fine with my contacts info...just not as robust on the calender end...thanks for your assistance...have an awesome day!

There is the free ACT!Link for PocketPC... but the one with ACT! 2006 won't work with the current versions of PocketPC, and the other methods I have mentioned are both more reliable and with more features.

Also, Handheld Contact Entry Edition doesn't cost more money... it's free.