Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

survey - what tablet did you buy and why?

Copper Elite Contributor

survey - what tablet did you buy and why?

what did you buy and what don't you like about it now that you have it.....

Tamara Traylor
New Ideas Consulting Inc
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: survey - what tablet did you buy and why?

To directly answer the question: an iPad 3.

I'm an Android fan, but my reading of the market is that the battle of the tablets is VHS vs Bettamax all over again.

Android (aka Bettamax)is, I feel, superior in so many ways. Yet, the marketing of the iPad (VHS) is superior.

Although I might want the technically better product, I equally (or actually, more so) need to be able to talk about what the buying public (business owners/directors/sales maangers/sales people) are using. Thus my buying an iPad.

My predicition for the future, iPad will dominate for the next 3-5 years, but another player will take over, I predict it will be Samsung, not Microsoft, not Apple, not Google.

Ben.

Copper Elite Contributor

I agree, I went this weekend to compare the iPad3 to the Asus Transformer quad.    Though the Asus has some great features, it all came back to Asus operating system - Android, not as reliable as the iPad's.   If I'm going to pay more money for a tablet than a laptop, the hardware and operating system better be solid.

Tamara Traylor
New Ideas Consulting Inc
Bronze Super Contributor

Smiley Happy I've found Android reliable, I'm just feed up with being a second class citizen... waiting for developers to release apps for Android when it's been available for months and months on iPad.

Impatient person I am.

Smiley Happy

Ben.