Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

survey - what tablet did you buy and why?

Copper Elite Contributor

survey - what tablet did you buy and why?

what did you buy and what don't you like about it now that you have it.....

Tamara Phillips
New Ideas Consulting Inc/Keystroke Partner
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: survey - what tablet did you buy and why?

To directly answer the question: an iPad 3.

I'm an Android fan, but my reading of the market is that the battle of the tablets is VHS vs Bettamax all over again.

Android (aka Bettamax)is, I feel, superior in so many ways. Yet, the marketing of the iPad (VHS) is superior.

Although I might want the technically better product, I equally (or actually, more so) need to be able to talk about what the buying public (business owners/directors/sales maangers/sales people) are using. Thus my buying an iPad.

My predicition for the future, iPad will dominate for the next 3-5 years, but another player will take over, I predict it will be Samsung, not Microsoft, not Apple, not Google.

Ben.

Copper Elite Contributor

I agree, I went this weekend to compare the iPad3 to the Asus Transformer quad.    Though the Asus has some great features, it all came back to Asus operating system - Android, not as reliable as the iPad's.   If I'm going to pay more money for a tablet than a laptop, the hardware and operating system better be solid.

Tamara Phillips
New Ideas Consulting Inc/Keystroke Partner
Bronze Super Contributor

Smiley Happy I've found Android reliable, I'm just feed up with being a second class citizen... waiting for developers to release apps for Android when it's been available for months and months on iPad.

Impatient person I am.

Smiley Happy

Ben.