Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sql server problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

sql server problem

Hello,

I have single user version 11.0 on a desktop running XP pro.

Since I installed it a week or so ago, I have a start up problem.

When I start the program, I have to click on the ACT icon, wait for an error message to come up, go to Start, then run, then type in services.msc, then right click SQL Act7, then click start, then wait a few seconds while the green bar goes across, then close that box, then close out of ACT, then start ACT again.

It only takes about a minute, but there must be a better way.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this glitch would sure be appreciated. Please accept my sincere Thanks.

Bryan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bryanpage
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: sql server problem

Two things to check for:

1. Is the SQL Server (Act7) service set to Automatic for 'Startup Type' on the Services screen?  If not, right click on the service > select Properties > update to Automatic.

2. You may have an update for SQL Server 2005 trying to apply itself through the Windows Update/Automatic Updates program.  Look at your available updates and if one is listed for SQL you will need to 'Hide'/Remove it from the list.  Automatic Updates cannot apply updates to the Act7 instance due to password restrictions, so it will stop the service > fail to apply the update > then leave the service stopped.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bryanpage
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Two things to check for:

1. Is the SQL Server (Act7) service set to Automatic for 'Startup Type' on the Services screen?  If not, right click on the service > select Properties > update to Automatic.

2. You may have an update for SQL Server 2005 trying to apply itself through the Windows Update/Automatic Updates program.  Look at your available updates and if one is listed for SQL you will need to 'Hide'/Remove it from the list.  Automatic Updates cannot apply updates to the Act7 instance due to password restrictions, so it will stop the service > fail to apply the update > then leave the service stopped.

Greg Martin
Sage

Step one did the trick. Thank YOU !!!