Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sql server problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

sql server problem

Hello,

Yesterday I installed single version ACT 11.0 on a desktop running XP PRO.

2 years earlier, I had ACT 7 on this computer. I had removed it back then, but possibly not all of it. I say this because of the problem I'm having.

I installed ACT 11 yesterday and moved the database from a laptop that I had been using the program on. I did a backup from the laptop and a restore to the desktop in the morning and had a good day with it yesterday.

I turned the desktop off last night. When I turned it on this morning, the database would not come up.

I typed in services.msc in the box after hitting start, then run.

The microsoft sql server list says automatic in the column for it to do so, but it says ACT!7 instead ACT! 11. ACT 11 is not in the list.

In the list of programs that comes up when I hit control panel, then add/remove programs, it list the program as ACT for Windows 183 mb.

I'm dead in the water   Any help would sure be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Bryan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bryanpage
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: sql server problem

Hello Bryan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. To clarify what you saw in the services list, the service "SQL Server (ACT7)" is correct, as "ACT7" is the instance name of SQL that all versions of ACT! from 2005 to present use (the name of the service is not indicative of the version of ACT! you are using). Make sure the status this service is "Started". If not, then right-click on it and select Start. If it is already started, then right-click and select Restart.  If after doing this you are still unable to open your database, then please post the error message or issue you are seeing when you try to open it so that the ACT! Community can offer you additional solutions. The following Knowledgebase article may be helpful as well:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network co...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bryanpage
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: sql server problem

Hello Bryan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. To clarify what you saw in the services list, the service "SQL Server (ACT7)" is correct, as "ACT7" is the instance name of SQL that all versions of ACT! from 2005 to present use (the name of the service is not indicative of the version of ACT! you are using). Make sure the status this service is "Started". If not, then right-click on it and select Start. If it is already started, then right-click and select Restart.  If after doing this you are still unable to open your database, then please post the error message or issue you are seeing when you try to open it so that the ACT! Community can offer you additional solutions. The following Knowledgebase article may be helpful as well:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network co...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.