Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sql security update

Tuned Listener

sql security update

[ Edited ]

RE: ACT 2008

I turned off microsoft update and waited a couple of weeks. Then I turned it back on and tried to update windows xp. I STILL get an error that the sql server security update won't update. And it continues to try to download. ACT keeps trying to sell me more product. Why is there no attempt to solve this issue or to inform the users?

Message Edited by sussertown on 09-11-2008 07:08 PM
Sussertown
Copper Super Contributor

Re: sql security update

Sorry to hear that you're having problems getting the SQL security update applied.  There have been several reports of manual attempts to apply this fail - this is due to the lack of an integrated security creditial on the ACT7 SQL instance.

What has generally been successful are either:

a) have Windows Update automatically download and apply updates

b) have Windows Update automatically download updates, but apply them by shutting down Windows and choose the apply updates option

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Copper Super Contributor

This may help also:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=4061

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Tuned Listener

Nothing has worked. I will try the auto updating. I could use the MS article regarding user groups if it was understandable. I played with it, but must have made the wrong decisions. While I have used many of their solutions, they basically write for professional technologists.
Sussertown
Platinum Elite Contributor

Microsoft support have said they are working on a fix for it... as Windows Updates and security fixes are covered under free support with Microsoft, you might give this a call on this
Tuned Listener

If ANYONE is working on it, that's good to know.
Sussertown
Platinum Elite Contributor

Well, it's a Microsoft bug and they say they are. But you'd be better off asking tham about any expected delivery time frames.