Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sql act7 issue

sql act7 issue

Version Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

Unable to access database because sql not functioning. Error message reads "windows could not start the sql server (act7) on local computer. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 3414."

I see related posts but no solution.  Any help appreciated - thanks in advance

Silver Super Contributor

Re: sql act7 issue

I wasn't familiar with the 3414 error messag so I looked it up and that error is a result of trying to recover a SQL database and failing which probably means that the database needs to be repaired or you will need to restore from a backup.  If you need to repair the database you will need to send it to Swiftpage to have it repaired or there are a few ACCs who can repair an ACT! database.  I may be able to repair it for you.  Contact me offline if you'd like me to take a look at it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

Re: sql act7 issue

I just fixed this one for a client.  Uninstalling and reinstalling SQL 2008 R2 SP2 fixed it.  I didn't need to uninstall and reinstall ACT!.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!