Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

specific capabilities of Sage Act 2013 pro newbie converting from Goldmine 6.5 (using trial provision for now)

specific capabilities of Sage Act 2013 pro newbie converting from Goldmine 6.5 (using trial provision for now)

not asking specific how to's but general yes no

I currently send birthday cards to my clients  I filter by month of birth then print out card envelope with their address and their birthday on the upper right corner (where stamp will go)

I send newsletters to clients occasstionally  need to filter (maybe groups option will work for this?) by company/plan they have with me then print their addresses on a #  10 envelope

I track and search by:  plan name, birthdate and who gets newsletter

very basic but am interested in doing more with my CRM   my antiquated server and goldmine has got to go (by my choosing and not by server crash)  I probably will stick with single user to start.

Thanks  especially if you have done some of these activities with ACT

Larry

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: specific capabilities of Sage Act 2013 pro newbie converting from Goldmine 6.5 (using trial provision for now)

ACT! can keep track of birthdays and record the history.  You can create groups of January birthdays, for example, or people who subscribe to your newsletter.  These can be dynamic (which means that you set a rule and ACT! does the work).  You can also print labels and/or envelopes for the group of contacts you choose.  Hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: specific capabilities of Sage Act 2013 pro newbie converting from Goldmine 6.5 (using trial provision for now)

Thanks. I assumed it would these basic functions. I am currently using goldmine 6.5. I know this program well but it is dated and needs updating to work with windows 7 and office2010. No good options offered there

I will play with the program and see if I can get it to work

Thanks again for the response
Bronze Contributor

Regarding Goldmine 6.5 - they have dropped any interest in a single user too.  I converted back to ACT in 2007. 

The one thing I really liked about GoldMine was the Org Tree.  ACT has that but from a little different perspective.  Plus the relationships tab stregthens both the Org Tree and multiple contact involved with a contact or opportunity.  I think once you are past the learning curve you will really like how ACT works for you. 

You will find this community very friendly in helping solving problems. 

Good luck.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Thanks John,

I had an organization with 50+ employees  using goldmine with server (NT) and also used the singe version for mobile.

stopped using in 2006-07  but started again 2009 but:

server is old technology (windows 7 will not work with it)   Goldmine 6.5 won't sync with Office 2010 and so on

No single version of Goldmine is now available.   $1,800 for 5 users (then need to purchase new server) plus the annual maintenance fee.

It appears that Goldmine is no longer the most used CRM out there?

Now it just comes down to learning the ins and outs of ACT  and whether I should add the addon for insurance (4advisors).

I only do basic things i.e. mailing correspondence and maintaining basic information.  I would like to do much more.

It was good to hear from a previous Goldmine user

Thanks again,

Larry

Progress on installation and merge of existing data going well
Question. If you track each client's policies with various companies. Where do you store policy information for each client
Now I have a field on the contact page. That has policy number. Any additional policies will be added to notes. Not the most efficient way of doing this?

Was successful at creating a new envelope (5x7 that prints birthdate in upper right corner) also figured out lookup

I must say Sage Act 2013 Pro  is a lot more intuitive (easier to work with) than Goldmine 6.5 is/was

Appreciate the guidence received