Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

some fields do not map over when converting database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

some fields do not map over when converting database

[ Edited ]

I just purchased act 11.0 today for my office and were attempting to convert our old database, version 6.x, over to the new format. While most of the fields do map over fine a few of them do not map over.

I've tried doing it about 3 times now and each time the fields do not map over. Has anyone else expereinced this and if so have a solution?

Message Edited by joshchance on 02-16-2009 06:10 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshchance
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: some fields do not map over when converting database

You shouldn't have to map anything when converting from 6.0.  Use the standard conversion and it will convert your custom fields.  After its finished converting the database, you will need to convert your custom layouts as well.  You may need to edit the layout after to correct any alignment or formatting issues.

There is currently a known issue associated with custom fields not appearing when doing imports.  This will be resolved in the next update that will be released in the near future.

How to Convert an ACT! 3.x - 6.x Database to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

How to Convert ACT! 3.x - 6.x Layouts to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) Service Pack

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Can you be more specific? Which fields?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy, thanks for the quick response. The fields that are not mapping over are some custom fields I created. Namely the Booking #, Quote Date and Quote Booked. All other fields seem to have mapped over just fine.

in addition to some fields not mapping over, some fields are not even presented to me when I go to set up the database conversion. For example a custom field I have called "# of days to close" does not even appear in the drop down list in the import wizard so I can assign it.
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshchance
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You shouldn't have to map anything when converting from 6.0.  Use the standard conversion and it will convert your custom fields.  After its finished converting the database, you will need to convert your custom layouts as well.  You may need to edit the layout after to correct any alignment or formatting issues.

There is currently a known issue associated with custom fields not appearing when doing imports.  This will be resolved in the next update that will be released in the near future.

How to Convert an ACT! 3.x - 6.x Database to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

How to Convert ACT! 3.x - 6.x Layouts to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) Service Pack