Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

shut out of act 2005 - asks for password - never had one

shut out of act 2005 - asks for password - never had one

I have been shut out of my ACT 2005. It is askign me for a password. I dont think I ever had one.

Is there any way I can acecss my appointments and my data please?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: shut out of act 2005 - asks for password - never had one

Thank you for your help. I reached diagnostics, and it said that the database was unlocked but not synching. WHat can I do next please?

All the instructions on what to do should be in that article.

If you still can't resolve it, you may need to contact Sage to get your details recovered

You're very kind to help. I dont think the problem is a password - I did not have one. I think I need to make the database synch, and there is no help for that in the notes you so kindly pointed me to. How does one make the databasae synch? THere is a repair database button, but I do not know if that will fix the problem, and I also am concerned about the warnign that the action will detach the database. Am I sure I want to continue? I dont kow what the implications are so dont know how much damage I woudl do by detaching the database, and how I can access it after it has been detached.

You don't need to make the database sync. That's for users who need to have copies of the database on remotes systems or laptops

You also the instructions say you don't need to detach it unless it's listed as suspect.

You need to read the instructions on that link again

You are consistently kind, thank you. I have so far failed ot reach the numbers given, and the other information on the page you refered to did ot help, either. Iwonder whether installing a later - say 2007 version of act might get me into my data base. Hope you have a great day! Judith

Also, woudl pressing "repair database" help in this situation?

If it woudl, what are the consequences of having the database eparated, which appears to be the unavoidable consequene of repairing the database

judith wrote:
You are consistently kind, thank you. I have so far failed ot reach the numbers given, and the other information on the page you refered to did ot help, either. Iwonder whether installing a later - say 2007 version of act might get me into my data base. Hope you have a great day! Judith

while ACT! 2007 or 2008 would give you advantages and be faster, you'll need the user/pass in order to update the database.

judith wrote:
Also, woudl pressing "repair database" help in this situation?

If it woudl, what are the consequences of having the database eparated, which appears to be the unavoidable consequene of repairing the database

"eparated"?

If "seperated", not sure what you mean