Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

shut out - asked to disable firewall, yet my database is on my computer.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

shut out - asked to disable firewall, yet my database is on my computer.

I am shut out and not able to open my ACT database. The error message says database could not be accessed. ... in order to access, check network connection and verify that database server is available, ... may need to disable firewall, HOWEVER, my database is on my computer hard drive. There should be no need to reach the internet at all. Regardless, I disabled the firewall and that did not work. 

I have Act Pro v 21.0.295.0 update 7.  windows 10 and it is integrated with outlook, if that matters. (the syncing hasn't worked for about a month, Smiley Sad but I have lived with that, rather than pay for the expensive tech support.) 

I got an error message on 8/19/ 20, but nothing else occurred .... didn't think much of it. (attached in case it helps.) 

Most important, can you help me sign on to my ACT database? 

Secondly, it would be great to get it to sync to outlook again. 

Thanks! Would really appreciate a quick reply. 

Susan

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: shut out - asked to disable firewall, yet my database is on my computer.

I figured out how to sign on -.... the sql act server agent had stopped. I restarted it. Could you now help me with getting it to sync with outlook? I have outlook 2016, thanks!
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I firstly recommend patching to the latest update which is Act! v21.0 Update 9

Or confusingly an alternative update Act! v21.1 Update 4 which may have a few extra bits in it.

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v21-downloads

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks. As I went to my HELP tab on the menu bar, to check out updates, I am getting "the system cannot find the file specified" error message. 

I am so discouraged with ACT. It is so expensive for a p/t/ consultant. And for the cost, there are too many bugs. If you need 1-1 help, it costs a fortune. Not worth it.

I only use ACT for calendar and contact manager, (that's all I need it for; no lectures, please) and I should transition out of it, but I am "too deep " in. 

I don't want to lose my notes field and I don't know what I could move my info over to. Outlook isn't robust enough. Zoho? 

Meanwhile, if there is a fix  that won't take hours of my time to correct the error message stated above, it would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

S.