Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sharing data with specific people

sharing data with specific people

Hello there,

My boss wanted me to ask a few questions about ACT!

So, with this ACT!, can we share certain information with specific people in general or do they also need to have the program installed for group viewing?

eg. He wants to share specific data with 3 people on his contact list and none of the others.

Can he just send the information or do they also need to have the program for it to be shared in real time?

Is that even possible?

He wants to make sure that he can use this program in a similar manner but I'm not sure what it's capable of (kinda just looks like an excel spread sheet on steroids, but I could be wrong)

Bronze Contributor

Re: sharing data with specific people

It all depends, I think, on what you mean by share the information.  If you want them to see what is on the screen, then a 3rd party screen share program would be needed such as Microsoft's Lync.

If you want to give information, then there are a number of reports that can be prepared and send via eMail.

If you want these three people to have access to the database, then they need a license. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013