Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sage ACT! Object reference not set to an instance of an object. While running email setup wizard.

Tuned Listener

sage ACT! Object reference not set to an instance of an object. While running email setup wizard.

Hi All, 

Donno am facing lots of issue now a days and client is coming up with ACT features to apply in their organisation as well.

Here is the issue which arise when i tried to Email setup with outlook. When i run setup from Tools-->Preferences-->Email

I am getting the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I tried to run the command "Act! Pro or Act! Premium: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows Act! Premium (access via web): cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web"

But it did not help me. Also on one system i was managed to setup email but when i tried to test with mail merge the same error occurred.

Did anyone faced this kind of issue, if yes please suggest some workaround.

Thanks & regards, 

Aasif

Aasifs@aariasoft-tech.com

Tuned Listener

Re: sage ACT! Object reference not set to an instance of an object. While running email setup wizard.

There is no one who can help me out on the issue mentioned in my previous post.

Regards, 

Aasif

aasifs@aariasoft-tech.cm

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: sage ACT! Object reference not set to an instance of an object. While running email setup wizard.

Hi Aasif,

Can you please tell us what version of act you are using? Also your operating system and version of office? I'm assuming it might be Windows 7 64bit?

If it's windows 7 do you have the UAC turned off?

Unfortunately, there are many reasons this error message can occur. If you want to have a look through this knowledge base article it lists the known situations and some solutionsID 24350

That at least might get you started in th eright direction. When it happens while trying to send an email with outlook sometimes its the redemption.dll that needs to be registered again. There are steps to follow to do this in the article above.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au
Tuned Listener

Hi Cherie,

My Client is using ACT! V.15 Premium for Web and yes they all are using Windows 7. I have missed that part let me try with UAC turned off and recheck again.

I had already refered to the KB and tried some of the solutions, but not much of help.

Will update you on this.

Regards,

Aasif

aasifs@aariasoft-tech.com

Tuned Listener

Hi Cherie,

I had tried with UAC disable option, when i saw the system was already had UAC disable so that option is also tried.

Regards,

Aasif

aasifs@aariasoft-tech.com