Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

running a report with "current lookup" doesn't give me all results, only some

running a report with "current lookup" doesn't give me all results, only some

Hello ACT people!

I'm running a custom report on a set of clients, and when i have those clients in the current lookup, and I run the report, i only get about 20% of the people listed in the current look-up.

I try highlighting them all, still get the same result.

I'm not sure how to get the report to produce for all the clients in my lookup.....

thank you, and I hope you have/had a great 4th of July!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: running a report with "current lookup" doesn't give me all results, only some

Without exmining the report template there's no way to know.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

Re: running a report with "current lookup" doesn't give me all results, only some

Without knowing exactly what information you're trying to pull through it will be difficult to tell but there is a setting that may limit the contacts if they do not meet the critera of a subreport.

Try following this article and seeing if this helps - 16524

If not please detail what type of report you have, what fields have been added and what subreports you have in it.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback.  

This is a custom report that a former employee created.  When it prints correctly, it produced a list of our clients with a checklist (rectangular boxes) for each that we use to confirm that certain reports were saved and mailed.   (hope that makes sense).

I went into each section of the report (Header 1, Header, Contact, Footer) and for each one I turned off "HideOnEmptySubreport".....but this didn't change the output.

I still only get 5 pages and the clients with last names A thru the beginning of H.

When I run the Contact Status report, I get all 150 contacts in the report....

I know it's not a ton of information, so I appreciate the feedback and insight.  I suppose I'll end up just creating a new report......

Thanks, Jon

Platinum Elite Contributor

Set the maximum pages property to zero.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

thanks guys....i just decided to use a current report and modify it for my purposes, worked great.

I appreciate your time!