Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

restoring act database from cloud

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

restoring act database from cloud

i have my act database backed up to the cloud via carbonite and would like to restore it to an earlier state. i do see there are 3 file types comprising the database .pad, .adf and .alf. my question is do all 3 have to be modified on the same date and contain the same file name for the restoration to work? will a restoration of this nature be successful?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-16-2016 09:22 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: restoring act database from cloud

The PAD would only be modified when you create, move or restore the database. Its date doesn't matter.
That being said, products like Carbonite don't always backup the database correctly because the database is always open.

The best way is to use the Act! Scheduler to backup the database and then use Carbonite, or similar, to store that ZIP file off-site

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-16-2016 09:22 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The PAD would only be modified when you create, move or restore the database. Its date doesn't matter.
That being said, products like Carbonite don't always backup the database correctly because the database is always open.

The best way is to use the Act! Scheduler to backup the database and then use Carbonite, or similar, to store that ZIP file off-site

thank you very much for your reply!!