Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

resolution of the dependency failed... V17 install

resolution of the dependency failed... V17 install

I was running ACT 16 in demo mode and the demo was going to expire a few days ago. I purchased V17 on pre release a few days ago. The demo was officially locked when I installed V17. I copied my Act folders to another location since I could not open ACT to do a proper backup figuring if they got damaged or deleted during the upgrade I may have something to recover from. I did not modify the original folders, just copied.

After the following error, i uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled etc. same thing. I checked to see if a new download was available but looks like same version.

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost..ctor()
   at Act.UI.ActApplication.InitializeComponent()
   at Act.UI.ActApplication..ctor(IUnityContainer container, IEventAggregator eventAggregator)
   at BuildUp_Act.UI.ActApplication(IBuilderContext )
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Builder.BuildUp(IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetime, IPolicyList policies, IStrategyChain strategies, Object buildKey, Object existing)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerBase.Resolve[T]()
   at Act.Application.ActBootstrapper.ConfigureContainer()
   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
   at Act.Application.Act.Main(String[] args)

Copper Contributor

Re: resolution of the dependency failed... V17 install

I got the same error after upgrading from v16 to v17.

Why don't things just work? So annoying....Cat Mad

Copper Contributor

I tried everything in http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865/kw/25865

didn't fix the issue...

wish I could help but I was out of the office and had my wife call Act. It took 2 hours the first day, then they had to make an appointment to call back the next day, which took an hour. They logged in remotely and did a bunch of stuff, uninstall, reinstall, etc. I believe there was a microsoft file missing or damaged. She wouldnt know what they did either, as they pretty much took control and did everything.

But it works now. I suspect you have to wait until Moday and call.

I feel your pain...

Copper Contributor

ok this is what I did, I can't be bothered waiting for sage act support.
1. I uninstalled v17 using control panel.
2. I uninstalled manually any leftovers of ACT %^&* on my PC following one of the knowledge articles.
3. I uninstalled SQL and .Net.
4. I then re-installed everything, all good.
Silver Super Contributor

In this case it was probably the uninstall and reinstall of .NET that fixed it.  Thought I'd post this for the next person to read the thread.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I will agree - this was an .net issue for me - re-installing solved the issue..

Link to full .net - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30653

Reboot in between uninstall of .net and reinstall..
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The v17 installer seems to occasionally muck-up one file "System.Xaml.dll" which resides on Win 7 in...

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xaml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089

I reported this to the new ACT Support about a month ago and the response then was very similar to what was experienced by Judd. The curious thing though was that I was calling to provide a quick resolution for future callers and they still insisted on trying to remote in and fix what was already fixed. Support is best done by listening to the caller...

For those that can't find a copy of the file I have attached a zipped copy it to this post.

Brett Merriman
ACT! Certified Consultant
Action CRM

Thanks Very Much! This was exactly the problem.