Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

registration & licensing requirements, Act Pro2012?

registration & licensing requirements, Act Pro2012?

We're finally getting around to installing Act! Pro2012 that we purchased some time ago.  However I don't completely understand the registration & licensing requirements:  We want to have two, non-simultaneous users on individual desktop computers accessing a singe shared database on a server computer.  We understand that Act needs to be installed on all three computers but do we need three licenses, one for each computer including the server?  Or two licenses, one for each user? Or only one license, since only one user will be running the program and accessing the database at a time?   If either of the latter two situations are correct, can one product serial number be used to register more than one install of Act (i.e on a user computer and the server)?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: registration & licensing requirements, Act Pro2012?

You need two licenses because you have two named users. The ACT! program is licensed to the named user, not the machine it's installed on.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, thanks for the quick reply.  So  the install on the server computer can be registered with either of the serial numbers we have (or will have soon) for the two user copies?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually you should apply both serial number to the server installation. Install the second serial number using the Help menu.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ah; glad I asked.  Will do.  Thanks