Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

registration activation required w/ every start-up

registration activation required w/ every start-up

After having used ACT! 2006 (Version 8) purchased directly from Sage, for over 2 years; I was advised that my 60 day trial period was over and I would need to register. I tried to register over the internet using the Serial Number that was provided w/ my purchase, and was advised I needed to register over the phone. The rep was very helpful getting me registered and asked if I had done anything with virus protection. I had indeed recently installed some new virus protection from Symantec. The rep suggested this may have disrupted the registration. We re-registered and activated the program and he thought this would get me going again. He was wrong. Every time I open the program, the same registration routine is required. The next 2 calls to Sage ended with a strong suggestion to update to Version 10. I would prefer not to do this at this time as Sage recommends a processor w/ 1.8 GHz if using Version 10 w/ XP; my laptop speed in only 1.1 MHZ. I really don't want to upgrade and run slower. Also, Version 10 requires an upgrade on my ACT! for Palm software. I have done an uninstall and then reinstalled w/ the virus protection disabled. No change. Does anyone know how to get a registration to 'stick'. Thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: registration activation required w/ every start-up

Re: registration activation required w/ every start-up

I am using ACT 2010. I initially did the 30 day trial, but then entered a registration key from a 6 license set my employer provided. Now just about every time I open ACT it prompts for a registration key and re-registers. It works okay after that but it's painful to have to do this. Plus if I'm not connected to the internet, I can't use the program. The link provided to answer the similar problem mentioned does not work any more. Not much has changed in my setup since loading ACT but I do go into the office and sync, although I can't say there's a pattern with this.