Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

recreating a remote database

recreating a remote database

One of my salesguys computer crashed. I want to recreate the same remote database that is in my master database from my desktop back on his new computer.  Can this be done?  If so, will keep his contacts and schedule in tack up to his last sync?  how do you do this?  I would think this is fairly common problem. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: recreating a remote database

Hello Kyle,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Yes, you can use the recreate remote option to recreate that database using the same parameters as the original remote and containing the data currently in the main database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I did recreate database on my main desk top as the administrator, how do I get the remote database over to his laptop?  When you create a new remoate database, you put the info on a flash drive and unpack it.  I did not see how to do this when you recreate one.

When you recreate a remote database is creates a new .RBD file for the remote. You would copy that to the remote machine, then unpack and restore it from File > Restore > Database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

how do I copy this to the remote machine?

You can you use any method available to you - flash drive, disk, through a network, etc.

Greig Hollister