Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

re: Error validating user. The type initializer for 'Act.Web.Framework.PluginsManager' threw an exception.

re: Error validating user. The type initializer for 'Act.Web.Framework.PluginsManager' threw an exception.

All of a sudden my web interface (which had been working fine) gives me this error on the logins screen. "An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists."

When you try to login anyway I get this error "Error validating user. The type initializer for 'Act.Web.Framework.PluginsManager' threw an exception."

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on all of a sudden?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: re: Error validating user. The type initializer for 'Act.Web.Framework.PluginsManager' threw an exception.

Hello Rainman_64,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information for your situation:

- What version of ACT! are you running?

- What operating system is your host/server computer?

Initial troubleshooting steps:

- Have you rebooted the host computer?

- Were there Microsoft updates applied just before the issue began?

- Do you get this error from a single workstation accessing the database, or from multiple workstations?

- Do you get this error if you access the database directly from the host machine (web and installed program)?

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: re: Error validating user. The type initializer for 'Act.Web.Framework.PluginsManager' threw an exception.

I am using ACT 2011 web premium. Windows 7.

Yes, I have rebooted the computer.

Not sure if there were Microsoft updates that caused the problem.... I am kind of suspicious about that.

All workstations that try to access the database across the web get the error; however, The database is fine and can be accessed locally.

I just checked the update history. These .NET framework updates (see below) loaded on 9/18 which is when the problem started. 

Is it a good idea to  uninstall them and see if that fixes the problem?

Are you aware of anything in particular with these updates that would cause ACT a problem?

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2468871)
Installation date: ‎9/‎18/‎2011 3:05 AM
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Recommended

Install this update to resolve issues in Microsoft .NET Framework 4. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=210664
Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2533523)
Installation date: ‎9/‎18/‎2011 3:03 AM
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Recommended
This update addresses stability, reliability, and performance issues in Microsoft .NET Framework 4. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=219466
Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com

I did go ahead and uninstall the .NET Framework updates. But it had no affect on the error messages.

If you haven't already, I would try uninstalling ACT! > reboot the computer > re-install ACT!. It could be that the updates corrupted the ACT! installation.
Greg Martin
Sage

another thought - open the Demo database and add it to the web interface (Tools > Web Administration). Then attempt to open the Demo through the web to see if it gets the same error.
Greg Martin
Sage