Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"object reference not set to an instance of an object" when sending email via outlook 2010 / instant search

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when sending email via outlook 2010 / instant search

Hi princeedwardh,

The error can occur for a whole host of different reasons, some of them due unforeseen external factors, some due to issues within Act!.

We have documented all known occurrences of the error, and suggest solutions for each case in our Knowledgebase. The article with this info is linked below.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24350

I cannot speak for other CRM software when it comes to experiencing this issue. All I'd say is that an unexpected error of this type can occur in almost any program. The wording in this particular error is unique to programs which use the .NET framework.

In answer to your third point, I'm not aware of any occurrences of this error that result in any contact data loss. They all relate to the processing of an instruction that you've given Act!.

We do not expect anyone using Act! to have to 'live with' running into these errors. We provide solutions to the best of our ability in our Knowledgebase articles, and if complexities arise while working on these solutions, our Support team is available to provide help.