Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Value does not fall within the expected range" error when printing contact list for particular state in Act 2012 Pro

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

"Value does not fall within the expected range" error when printing contact list for particular state in Act 2012 Pro

Hello everyone,

I have a user running Act 2012 Pro and Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 Professional laptop (64-bit).  This user has a remote database.  When they do a lookup for all contacts in NC, and try to print a report with the results, they keep getting a "Value does not fall within the expected range" error.  This error only seems to occur with this particular state.  They can do look-ups for other states and print the results with no errors (the same printer is used each time).  I can run the same lookup on my desktop (tying into the main database) and my laptop (using a separate remote database), and am also unable to duplicate the error (both computers have the same OS, Outlook version, and ACT version as the problem computer).  Looking at similar errors, I've tried disabling the ACT Outlook Add-In on the problem computer, but get the same results.  I have not tried re-installing ACT.  Could there be a problem with ACT on this computer, or with the database itself (I have not tried re-creating the database)?  Any suggestions anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎01-04-2017 11:18 AM
Administrator

Re: "Value does not fall within the expected range" error when printing contact list for particular state in Act 2012 Pro

Hi Michael,

I would suggest creating a new remote database for this user, copying it to another machine (not his problematic machine) and test the lookup report. Do not sync while the remote is on this test machine. If it's successful, then copy the remote to the problematic machine and try the lookup report again.

Are you using a sync set for the remote?

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: "Value does not fall within the expected range" error when printing contact list for particular state in Act 2012 Pro

Hi Michael, that tends to suggest that there is a problem with an individual cotnact within the lookup on the remote database that is causing the error to appear. Do you know if your colleague has created any additional contacts in the NC state in his remote that has not synced to the main yet? One quick way that could help identify this is to simply do the same lookup on the main and the remote and compare the amount of contacts found.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I checked with the user and he had not added any new contacts, but had modified an existing one by adding additional information.  I had him re-sync with the main database as you suggested and try to print the lookup report again, but it still failed with the exact same message.

Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎01-04-2017 11:18 AM
Administrator

Hi Michael,

I would suggest creating a new remote database for this user, copying it to another machine (not his problematic machine) and test the lookup report. Do not sync while the remote is on this test machine. If it's successful, then copy the remote to the problematic machine and try the lookup report again.

Are you using a sync set for the remote?
Tuned Listener

Hi Gary,

I was able to resolve the problem on the test computer, but unable to resolve it on the problematic computer.  The same error persists.  I suspect something is messed up with the ACT installation on the problematic computer (or there's something else messed up that I'm not seeing).  The user copied their contacts directly to Outlook and is working on the contacts from there.  When they can spare the time, I will see about re-installing ACT.  For now, anyway, I'll consider the matter closed.  Thanks for your help.