12-29-2016 12:17 PM
I have a user running Act 2012 Pro and Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 Professional laptop (64-bit). This user has a remote database. When they do a lookup for all contacts in NC, and try to print a report with the results, they keep getting a "Value does not fall within the expected range" error. This error only seems to occur with this particular state. They can do look-ups for other states and print the results with no errors (the same printer is used each time). I can run the same lookup on my desktop (tying into the main database) and my laptop (using a separate remote database), and am also unable to duplicate the error (both computers have the same OS, Outlook version, and ACT version as the problem computer). Looking at similar errors, I've tried disabling the ACT Outlook Add-In on the problem computer, but get the same results. I have not tried re-installing ACT. Could there be a problem with ACT on this computer, or with the database itself (I have not tried re-creating the database)? Any suggestions anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
01-04-2017 04:11 AM
12-30-2016 06:43 AM
Hi Michael, that tends to suggest that there is a problem with an individual cotnact within the lookup on the remote database that is causing the error to appear. Do you know if your colleague has created any additional contacts in the NC state in his remote that has not synced to the main yet? One quick way that could help identify this is to simply do the same lookup on the main and the remote and compare the amount of contacts found.
12-30-2016 07:46 AM
Thanks for your response. I checked with the user and he had not added any new contacts, but had modified an existing one by adding additional information. I had him re-sync with the main database as you suggested and try to print the lookup report again, but it still failed with the exact same message.
01-04-2017 04:11 AM
01-04-2017 11:18 AM
I was able to resolve the problem on the test computer, but unable to resolve it on the problematic computer. The same error persists. I suspect something is messed up with the ACT installation on the problematic computer (or there's something else messed up that I'm not seeing). The user copied their contacts directly to Outlook and is working on the contacts from there. When they can spare the time, I will see about re-installing ACT. For now, anyway, I'll consider the matter closed. Thanks for your help.