Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Unable to create database, error connecting to SQL server"/cannot find SQL Server (ACT7) in services list

"Unable to create database, error connecting to SQL server"/cannot find SQL Server (ACT7) in services list

[ Edited ]

Hello, working with a co-workers computer.  He has ACT! running on Vista currently and is getting the error message "Unable to create the database. There is an error connecting to the Microsoft SQL server."

I have found several other people with the same problem on this forum and the consensus answer is to open up the services window and find "SQL Server (ACT7)" and start it.  That doesn't appear to exist on his computer's services panel and that's the issue I'm having.  I've seen several people be able ot start it up and fix it, but have not found anythingi n the support forums or the FAQ about not actually having the SQL server in the list.

Was wondering what the correct solution to the problem is?  i have no clue what the program is or how to use it, I was just delegated the task to figure it out by my boss so it's a little bit of a "figure it out or else" situation

EDIT:  Oh, and also I think he may be running the trial version of the program, if that information helps

Message Edited by Logan on 01-19-2010 08:27 AM
Message Edited by Logan on 01-19-2010 09:41 AM

Re: "Unable to create database, error connecting to SQL server"/cannot find SQL Server (ACT7) in services list

I had the same problem and couldn't resolve it.  Therefore, I went to Control Panel and deleted by ACT! and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and then I reinstalled ACT!.  Everything works good now.  That was a crappy way of fixing the problem, but it worked.