Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Unable to connect to ACT! database with Axim Pocket PC."

"Unable to connect to ACT! database with Axim Pocket PC."

I have been sucessfully syncing ACT with my AXIM for several years until yesterday.

Can't find a solution for this new issue regarding ACT 2006 and ACT link for Pocket PC 2006.

Here are the details:

Backup battery in Pocket PC Dell Axim died and I had to restore the unit. After several syncs after the restore it duplicated contacts and calender in ACT. I had to restore ACT databse to get rid of the duplication problem.  Also had to reboot Axim again to clear duplications. Then I tried to syn again and had to set up new Axim name to associate the restored ACT database. When I tried to sync after that I then began to receive the following message:

"Unable to connect to ACT! database.  Unspecified Error.  Make sure you can open you database in ACT! and use ACT! Link for Palm Settings to re-select you database."

I have done the following to try to correct this:

Thru Handheld menu set up in ACT and ACT Link for Pocket PC I select the correct ACT database. Tried this time after time with same message.

Rebooted AXIm several times and gave it a new name and went thru the ACT select database routine each time

I uninstalled and reinstalled both ACT 2006 and ACT link for Pocket PC 2006 and Microsoft Active Sync 4.5

I created a new database and associated that with the Axim but recieve the same message.

The Axim will syn with Outlook and notes and tasks but not ACT Contacts or Calander

I would really appreciate any help available from the community on this problem. Thanks in Advance

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Unable to connect to ACT! database with Axim Pocket PC."

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/48a3gr

Althought the error referring to Palm instead of PocketPC might be that you're using the wrong link?

You might also have a look at the trial of Handheld Contact - a much more reliable way to sync ACT! to a PocketPC