Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"This activity has been deleted by it's organizer. It can not be uncleared"

"This activity has been deleted by it's organizer. It can not be uncleared"

I have some how put a banner accross the next twelve months with a cleared activity that I can not remove or erase.  When I try to clear it I get the message "This actvitiy has been deleted by it's organizer.  It can not be uncleared".  When I try to unclear it I get the same message.  I have this ACT program tied to my assistant's computer with another ACT program where it picks up the data base from the server in my office.  I hope someone can tell me how to remove this banner so I do not have to look at the bright pink line accross the top of my calenders for the next twelve months. 
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: "This activity has been deleted by it's organizer. It can not be uncleared"

wrjat,

You didn't specify which version of Act! you are using, so I chose 2008 (v10).  In Sage's knowledge base, these two links should address your problem.

1. Information Message: "Activity has been deleted by it's organizer and cannot be uncleared.", Answer ID 17518, which suggest you clear old data.
  2. How To Remove Old Data from Your ACT! Database, Answer ID 14168.

Hope this helps.

MrWright

The version is Act! by Sage 2007 (9.0) version 9.0.1.162. 

I looked at both of the links you sent me and unless I am missing something I am not sure either will work.  This mistake was made about four days ago and the options to remove data are from a fixed date and before.  I want to just delete this one item that starts on the October 2008 calender and runs continously until August 24,2009.  It also shows up on September 28th,29, and 30th on the October calender but not on the August calender.  I hope there is a way to delete just one item.  I also tried the "fix known activities data issues" option in the "actdiag" tool but it did not cure this either. As I said before it is a banner so it will be a distraction if I can not get rid of it. 

Thanks for your quick response today and I look forward to hearing from you.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I have banners of cleared items that cannot be deleted strung out for a whole year!  Deleting old data fromt he database would seem to remove stuff I want to retain and not get rid of the banners and task listing.  PLease hlep.  Thanks.

I have still not found a solution to this problem and nobody has responded to me beyond the first reply.  I have made it a little more palatable by choosing the option of hiding the deleted items on my calendar.  This is not my first choice but it removes the banner.  When it expires next August I hope I can go back to using my calendar as I have over the past many years.

It seems to me that this is another example of Sage making this program more complicated and less user friendly.  I have been using ACT since 1990 and it is the core of my sales activity. However every time I have to upgrade it seems that it becomes more complicated, slower and more difficult to navigate.  I have stopped recommending it to the young new brokers in my office due to these problems. 

If I hear any other viable suggestions I will post them here.  Good luck with your problems.

If you're unable to erase the activity and running database maintenance doesn't resolve the issue, then it indicates its a corrupted activity.  You can try saving an empty copy of the database and import the original into the new.  If that doesn't work, you can restore from a backup or contact database services.

Copper Super Contributor

Act 2013 Does a solution exist? We have five banners running through 2018 that cannot be removed. Creating an empty database and importing the old database into it did not alter the problem. Restoring a backup did not help. Any solutions yet after 5 years?
Copper Super Contributor

Regarding the suggestion above that we follow Answer ID 17518 and delete old data per:  How To Remove Old Data from Your ACT! Database
Answer ID: 14168

We experience this error for five events attached to one contact.

We definitely do NOT want to delete ALL old data just to remove these five events.
Moreover, this error multiplies itself as we look at future calendars.  So deleting old data might not cure all of the problem, ie., might not remove the erroneous future events that appear in 2014+.

Copper Super Contributor

OK it's another year without a solution from ACT!.

Does anyone have a solution?

Does anyone at Act care?

Silver Super Contributor

I don't think there is a tool to do it but I can do it manually for you.  Contact me offline if you're interested.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!