Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"The ACT! Attachment service hs been stopped. Attachments cannot be accessed or created. Please start the service."

Copper Contributor

"The ACT! Attachment service hs been stopped. Attachments cannot be accessed or created. Please start the service."

When I try to add an document to a company division with 43 files, I get this error:

"The ACT! Attachment service hs been stopped.  Attachments cannot be accessed or created. Please start the service."

I tried to add a new division and I still cannot add documents.

I tried rebooting.

Ideas?

TIA

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 5 (Normal Use)

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 14.0.572.0 Hot Fix 2 (For Importing Contacts)

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64

Outlook 2010 x32 v14

Durkin Impact Business Suite V4.2

Exponenciel Automatic Field Calculations v8.5

Company Wizard v1.1.1.20

Duplicate Wizard v4.0.5.51

Copper Contributor

Re: "The ACT! Attachment service hs been stopped. Attachments cannot be accessed or created. Please start the service."

Sorry, my disk was full.  All fine now.

Silver Contributor

Re: "The ACT! Attachment service hs been stopped. Attachments cannot be accessed or created. Please start the service."

Apparently it's a known issue.  Here is a KB Article that provides explanation and solution.  (Click Here)

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Thank you.

I was aware of that solution but, in this case, the problem was a lack of hard drive space.

The error message was not representative of the actual problem and the actual problem was not described in the solution.

Platinum Super Contributor

Mrobbins,
Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! Thank you for posting the update with the solution to your issue. Article 27173 has been updated to include checking the available space on the hard drive.
Greg Martin
Sage