Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Show Field List " Option Is Not Accessible to Add Fields for Creating a Document Template

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

"Show Field List " Option Is Not Accessible to Add Fields for Creating a Document Template

Hello Fellow ACT! User.

I use ACT! for Real Estate 2009 and have Microsoft Windows Vista as my operating system.  I was in the process of creating a document template in ACT! with Microsoft Word 2003 as my word processor and because the mail merge fields list did not automatically appear, per the instructions I received from ACT!, I attempted to display it via the "Show Field List" option in the ACT! menu. The mail merge fields list did not appear upn me selecting this option. I am not in a position to continue creating my document template for a mail merge because of this seeming problem. Do you know how this might be resolved, and if so, how?

With Regards,

Deepa Chawla

Also An ACT! User

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: "Show Field List " Option Is Not Accessible to Add Fields for Creating a Document Template

Hello Deepa,

Try following the knowledgebase article linked below.

Unable to Access the ACT! Menu Option on the Microsoft® Word or Excel® Tool Bar

Thanks,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: "Show Field List " Option Is Not Accessible to Add Fields for Creating a Document Template

Hello Deepa,

Try following the knowledgebase article linked below.

Unable to Access the ACT! Menu Option on the Microsoft® Word or Excel® Tool Bar

Thanks,

Hi, David.

Thank you for responding and your suggestion. It seems that the solution proposed by this article is not suitable for my situation, as I use Windows Vista for my operating system, and the hotfix, at minimum, is not supported by Windows Vista. I am in the process of communicating with a non-Microsoft affiiliated technical support person to troubleshoot with me.

If you are willing and in a position to offer other suggestions, they are welcomed and appreciated by me.

With Regards,

Deepa

You can still apply the update.

I did it, David. and my problem is fixed. Thank you, for your help.

Deepa