Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Regarding" field is missing on "insert note"

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

"Regarding" field is missing on "insert note"

I have spent way too much time trying to fix this issue.  I am not an ACT! expert in the least--learning on the job actually!  From the NOTES tab, I click on "insert note."  It shows the field name as "Regarding" but there is no field next to it.  So, I have tried going into design layout, but the only tabs that it will allow me to see/edit are the "Contact Info, User Fields, Home Address."  I know how to add a field, but it won't even let me see let alone edit the NOTES tab.  I have administrator rights, so I don't have a clue what the problem is.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Barb

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author buffambn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Regarding" field is missing on "insert note"

Hello Barb,

Welcome to ACT! and the ACT! Online Community. When you look at the screen to create a note, the "Regarding" field is actually the large field at the bottom, under the word "Regarding". I know this is different from the way the History screen looks, which has a Regarding field and then a large Details field under it.

In regards to editing the Notes tab, there a some tabs on the layout that cannot be edited because they don't contain fields, but rather pull data directly from columns in a table. These tabs are Notes, History, Activities, Opportunities, Groups/Companies, Documents, Relationships (ACT! 11.1 and higher), and Secondary Contacts. I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author buffambn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Barb,

Welcome to ACT! and the ACT! Online Community. When you look at the screen to create a note, the "Regarding" field is actually the large field at the bottom, under the word "Regarding". I know this is different from the way the History screen looks, which has a Regarding field and then a large Details field under it.

In regards to editing the Notes tab, there a some tabs on the layout that cannot be edited because they don't contain fields, but rather pull data directly from columns in a table. These tabs are Notes, History, Activities, Opportunities, Groups/Companies, Documents, Relationships (ACT! 11.1 and higher), and Secondary Contacts. I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Well, I guess that answers my question, but I don't like the answer.  I would like to put a topic or a couple word description of what the note is about at the top of the note.

Thanks for your help, though.

Bronze Super Contributor

Barb -

Be sure that notes are really what you want to be using...

Is it possible that you should be using 'Record History' instead?